Mon, 22 May|
Location Upon RSVP. Bay Area
Money: Raising Financially and Socially Responsible Children. Bay Area
This 3-hour talk and workshop will be an intimate in-person gathering, for up to 20 women (both members and potential members), focused on creating opportunities for dialogue and connection whilst providing an overview of wealth, mothering and parenting.
Time & Location
22 May, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT-7
Location Upon RSVP. Bay Area
About the Event
The Beam Network is a global community of women wealth holders who empower one another, through connection and financial education, to invest in line with their values and create a better world. We offer a membership experience that combines world-class investment literacy and wealth management education with opportunities for connection, peer-learning, and personal growth.
Everything we do takes place in a safe, supportive, community environment. For women wealth holders and mothers, one of the biggest challenges is a lack of knowledge about what parents can do to help their children build healthy relationships with money, understand their role in society and avoid the pitfalls that can quickly erode wealth. Discussions around financial independence and stewardship, philanthropic effectiveness, and meaningful economic lives can be a huge undertaking for parents.
This 3-hour talk and workshop will be an intimate in-person gathering, for up to 20 women (both members and potential members), focused on creating opportunities for dialogue and connection whilst providing an overview of wealth, mothering and parenting. This time will serve to begin building community and deepen the conceptual awareness of raising a child with wealth. The workshop will review wealth in all its forms, ten core money questions and financial literacy skills applied across five developmental life stages: children, tweens, middle schoolers, high schoolers, and twenty- somethings. Each stage includes age-appropriate activities that promote communication and “financial fitness.” At the end of the workshop, there will be space for reflection on personal perspectives and associations about wealth, parenting, and social systems. Refreshments and a working lunch will be provided.
● Inspire participants to navigate the complexity of wealth and explore ways to create meaningful dialogue about wealth;
● To highlight and support women, in particular, as role models who encourage their children to have healthy money habits, learn about finance and assist their journey;
● Provide guidance into having conversations across generations and strengthening the parent- child relationship while building the capacity to understand one’s financial means;
● Give participants tools to promote communication and financial fitness with their children
● Provide participants with a safe a space to engage and connect with peers;
● Showcase The Beam Network as a vibrant community of women wealth holders and a valuable resource for individual empowerment and multigenerational family flourishing