Wed, 27 Apr|
Building Blocks - Session 2. Stepping into Your Power: Navigating Leadership, Family and Wealth
Tailor-made learning opportunities designed to build your knowledge and enhance your learning. We offer several courses throughout the year on a range of topics: from family dynamics and building your financial confidence to crypto investing, strategic philanthropy, and real estate
Time & Location
27 Apr 2022, 17:00 – 19:00
About the Event
We're delighted to announce our upcoming Building Block course: Stepping Into Your Power: Navigating Leadership, Family and Wealth, a three-part course taking place once a month, faciliated by Danielle Oristian York - Executive Director & President, 21/64. This course cost is free of charge and included in your annual membership fee.
**Please note that this is a three-part course. We suggest that you attend all three sessions to get the most out of the series.
- Format: 3 x 2-hour interactive sessions over a three-month period.
- Dates: 23 March 2022, 27 April 2022, 25 May 2022
- Time: 09:00 PT, 12:00 ET, 17:00 GMT
- Place: Zoom (link to follow)
- Led by: 21/64, an independent nonprofit that provides multigenerational advising, facilitation and training
- Facilitator: Danielle Oristian York, Executive Director & President, 21/64 (see bio below)
From intimidating financial jargon to conflict within families or organisations, women wealth holders like yourself may find that the path to managing your own wealth comes paved with unexpected barriers. In order to take the lead in managing your own and your families’ financial futures, you don’t just need the right advisors and tools to chart your direction, but also the confidence and power to deploy those tools. If women don’t take the lead, we risk the abdication of responsibility for our own and our families’ financial futures. This course part of an ongoing series that addresses the non-financial complexities of wealth ownership to help members define and develop their own personal leadership style.
● Enhanced self-awareness about own biases, fears, limiting beliefs and comfort levels around finance, money and wealth
● Improved confidence, resilience and well-being to tackle ‘money’ as a subject in personal and professional settings
● New and strengthened relationships and social support to tackle specific challenges
● Expanded presence, inner power and strength to shape your leadership style
Session 2 Date: 27 April 2022 Time: 09:00 PT, 12:00 ET, 17:00 GMT
Talking About Money
In this workshop you’ll spend time challenging one of the oldest and most entrenched taboos – money. This workshop provides easily accessible ways to talk about money with your family members, peers, financial and philanthropic advisors, and others with whom you work. Discover your values around money and observe how your own money story informs or inhibits your money conversations with others to contribute to positive change in society. This workshop will also provide you with time to consult with fellow Beam members in pairs and small groups so that you can address your specific challenges and tap into the wisdom of the group.
Danielle Oristian York - Executive Director & President, 21/64
Danielle Oristian York will be the facilitator for this engagement. Danielle’s experience working in wealth management, a family office and the non-profit space has given her different vantage points from which to catalyse and support strategic decision making. With more than 18 years of experience, a constant curiosity and warm presence, new and seasoned philanthropists, family foundations, nonprofits and the advisors who serve are drawn to her as they navigate what is next on their journey. Prior to joining the 21/64 team, Danielle worked at UBS and Pitcairn Family office. She is married, with two children, and lives on the south shore of Boston.